Spicy Maggi Noodles
Maggi is one of the comfort foods that is best enjoyed hot and slightly soupy. It can be had just by itself for a quick no fuss snack but since I was having this for my lunch, I added some green peas and tomatoes along with some boiled eggs. It is filling and satisfying this way. I know packaged noodles are not the healthiest but once in a while I am okay for my body to take the beat.
There are several ways people like to eat their Maggi and every family has their own version just like tea. I like to keep mine simple with just Garam masala. I have added green peas which you can totally skip if you do not have. But tomatoes are a must for me. It gives the maggi some thickness and soupy consistency. It also adds a hint of sourness along with garam masala, which makes the dish flavorful. I also break the noodles a bit before adding into the pan, it just makes it easier to eat and cooks faster too.
Maggi noodles with seasoning packet, 1
Frozen green peas, 1/4 cup
Onions, finely chopped, 1/4 cup
Green chillies, 1
Tomatoes, finely chopped, 1/4 cup
Cilantro, finely chopped, 3 sprigs
Garam masala powder, a pinch
Turmeric powder, a pinch
oil, 1/2 tbsp
water, one and half cups
- In a pan, heat oil and add onions, green chillies and green peas. Add some salt, cover and cook till peas are done.
- Add in the tomatoes and cover and cook for 2 minutes. You may add a tablespoon of water if your tomatoes are not juicy.
- Then add turmeric, garam masala and maggi seasoning packet, maggi noodles and water. Add less water if you like it thicker or more, if you prefer soupy.
- Cook until the noodles are done. It should not be too overcooked.
- Add cilantro and enjoy hot