Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Best healthy banana bread recipe, promise..
This is one recipe that I am too eager to share with you all.
No sugar, honey or maple syrup
Moist, textured and tastes delicious
Loved by kids and adults
Uses combination of nuts, oats and wheat flours, and bran
Seriously, this recipe is too healthy and delicious to not try. I do not like using the word delicious so many times, but I just can’t help. It really is too good guys.
This is not the authentic banana bread recipe. This is my recipe, adapted from several recipes on the internet with a few changes to make it healthier, so that I can indulge my toddler’s sweet tooth when he is up from his afternoon nap and mine too.
This recipe uses almond flour, walnut flour, oats flour, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour and bran too. It has no added sugar, all the sweetness is from the bananas and raisins. This banana bread recipe is not overly sweet, but just the perfect sweetness that can satisfy any sweet cravings.
I had to take the above picture to show you how soft, moist, crumbly and textured is this banana bread. My 1 year old gobbled up one whole slice in 5 mins and it made me super happy.
I have baked this in a 9×9 inch pan, since I do not have a loaf pan. Also, I have used raisins, chia seeds and sesame seeds in this recipe, all of these are totally optional. But I think adding these ingredients, not just gives a nice texture and taste but also increases the health quotient of this banana bread recipe.
I do not like the flavor of cinnamon in my baking recipes. I think it overpowers the flavor of other ingredients in a dish. But if you are a cinnamon lover, feel free to add to your liking.
Now, to the recipe for banana bread.. healthy banana bread…
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4-1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup coarsely ground almonds
1/2 cup coarsely ground walnuts
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground rolled oats
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup oats or wheat bran
2 tablespoon raisins (optional)
2 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (162-165 Celsius). Lightly grease a 9×9 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs using a whisk.
- Add oil, milk, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Next, add the almond flour, walnut flour, whole wheat flour, oats flour, all purpose flour and oats or wheat bran. Combine all together.
- Stir in the raisins, chia seeds and sesame seeds.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Sprinkle a few raisins, chia seeds and sesame seeds on top. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, slice, and enjoy!