Broccoli and Carrot cutlet – Easy, gluten free and egg-less appetizer or snack recipe!
Recently, I bought a big bag of broccoli florets from Costco. In spite of using it every day, there is still half a bag left in the fridge. Bored with all the other ways of eating broccoli, I had to come up with something that was not too time consuming and yet taste good. So, I just literally pulled everything from my fridge and mixed it all together and came up with this recipe.
It is a quick cutlet recipe, but with no potatoes and eggs. I added the green chillies and ginger, because I wanted it to be spicy. Also, I added carrots, paneer and pumpkin seeds to make it healthier. Just mixed it all together and pan fried it. It was crispy on the outside and soft inside, spicy as I wanted. Paired it with yogurt and ketchup for an afternoon snack.
3 cups broccoli florets,
1/4 cup paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
1/2 red onion
3 green chillies
1/2 inch piece ginger
1/4 of a bunch of cilantro
2 tablespoon roasted pepitas
2 medium carrots, finely grated
2 tablespoon flaxseed powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup oil for pan frying
- In a food processor, pulse all the ingredients, broccoli florets, paneer, red onion, green chillies, ginger, cilantro and pepitas, until you get a fine texture. Do this step in batches for even blending.
- In a large bowl, bring all the ingredients together, except oil, and mix well.
- Using a cookie spoon, scoop the mixture into the palms of your hand, press slightly to flatten and shape into rounds.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of oil into a large frying pan on medium heat. Place the shaped mixture into the frying pan and turn the heat to medium-low. Drizzle some oil over the top and around the edges and cook until crispy on both the sides.
- Serve hot over a bed of greens with ketchup or yogurt.